Dual tigrex, nekhot's 8*

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Zenomatsu (Zeno)

Posts Posts : 73
Rathalos Rubies Rathalos Rubies : 77

PostSubject: Dual tigrex, nekhot's 8*   Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:23 am

I'm officially baffled as to how to kill these two. I've tried using a sonic bow 3 with the blue kutku armor (40 def/piece, gemmed for elemental 3, and +30% affinity), using mega juices full repetoir of healing items and mega armor skin...killed one, 15 mins left with no items left and was killed by the other....I've tried the kirin thunderspear with full guardian spirit gemmed with heavenly protection,again full healing items and mega armor skin and mega demondrugs, didn't even kill one...I'm officially out of ideas....any suggestions?

Last edited by Zenomatsu (Zeno) on Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:29 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Resolved, thanks for all the help ^.^)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zenomatsu (Zeno)

PostSubject: Re: Dual tigrex, nekhot's 8*   Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:26 am

Followup, the guardian spirit armor has 66 def/piece and also has ESP and all resist +5...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ecclesiastes

Posts Posts : 377
Rathalos Rubies Rathalos Rubies : 537

PostSubject: Re: Dual tigrex, nekhot's 8*   Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:53 am

Well, besides the sarcastic answer...

Get hit less.

...there's the question of your weapons and armor. A Bow is a pretty weak weapon, and not that good against Tigrex in particular, thanks to his constant running around. Your Lance setup sounds pretty useless in terms of survival and damage output.

Guardian Spirit is also a bit outdated where you are now; the skills are of no use to you in this quest. I'd suggest making a Ceanataur S melee set, for Sharpness +1 and much better defense. It can be gemmed for Attack Up Large and Sharp Skill Inc, and it's not very weak to any element. With that setup, it'll have -20 Defense, but it's really not a problem at all. You'll be killing Tigrex much faster with this armor.

Take Ceanataur S, whatever weapon you're comfortable with, and pay more attention to Tigrex's behavior.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zenomatsu (Zeno)

PostSubject: Re: Dual tigrex, nekhot's 8*   Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:00 am

I'll give it a shot for sure. Thank you. I've been rocking pretty good with my guarian spirit armor so I didn't really see much of a need to upgrade but I do suppose it's that time huh?.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ecclesiastes

PostSubject: Re: Dual tigrex, nekhot's 8*   Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:14 am

You're not really upgrading for defense, to be honest. You're upgrading for offensive skills, because more damage means quicker kills, and that means you have less time to risk getting hit, and less hits you need to heal.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eowa

Posts Posts : 643
Rathalos Rubies Rathalos Rubies : 786

PostSubject: Re: Dual tigrex, nekhot's 8*   Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:58 am

Try use: Tru devil slicer LS, and bring traps, genprey fang and trap tool, then u trap them and hit them with the LS on their head, u will take em down fast and easy ;)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ecclesiastes

PostSubject: Re: Dual tigrex, nekhot's 8*   Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:18 am

You only get three Shock Traps at most, though, and that's not enough to kill one Tigrex for free even with a Hammer(maybe with a Juggernaut, but that's in G Rank). It makes one of them very easy, true, but you still have the problem of the other Tigrex.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zenomatsu (Zeno)

PostSubject: Re: Dual tigrex, nekhot's 8*   Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:46 am

I do have the true devil slicer and was considering using that next,just haven't perfected dodging the buggers yet....
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Dual tigrex, nekhot's 8*   Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:05 pm

Ecclesiastes wrote:
A Bow is a pretty weak weapon, and not that good against Tigrex in particular

Bah, hes just not using it right. Bow is a weapon of pure awesomness.
Back to top Go down
Ecclesiastes

PostSubject: Re: Dual tigrex, nekhot's 8*   Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:56 pm

@Zeno: One vital thing to remember is to only fight them when they're alone. It might sound obvious, but it's something that kills a lot of people, apparently.

@Mortek: When I say it's a weak weapon, I'm referring to the damage output, not whether or not it's useful*. It's quite low compared to most weapons, and 35 minutes to kill a weaker dual quest Tigrex is very bad. Assuming he's doing things half-right, there's only so much damage he can dish out with his Bow. His problem isn't just that he's getting hit a lot, it's that he's not dealing enough damage. With more damage, he'd be staggering them more often, and killing them faster.

On the defensive side, his armor is Elder Rank with more or less useless skills, and he's only getting something out of Capacity Up. It's a good skill for a Bow, and the weapon is safer, and it can deal okay damage now and then, but if he's taking 35 minutes to kill one of them with a Bow(Sonic III is likely his best option) and Capacity Up, and running out of healing items and armorskins(if he's even half right about bringing a full repertoire of healing items, that's a LOT of hits he's taking) it's also an issue of tactics rather than just the weapon. I can't tell him much beyond "don't get hit", and recommend some useful armor skills.

In this particular quest, it's best to deal a lot of damage when one is alone, because they tend to hang out together for minutes at a time. All that waiting and using a Bow is asking to run out of time.

*I love Bows, and I killed a Hi Rank Tiggy in the Desert with a Black Bow II. Not a terrible choice, and I was nailing those Pierce shots at all the right times. It still took me 48 minutes to kill that Tigrex. The thing just runs around too much, and you're almost forced to hit it from the side or back all the time. Using a Bow properly against a Tigrex is far too tedious to be worth the low damage.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zenomatsu (Zeno)

PostSubject: Re: Dual tigrex, nekhot's 8*   Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:29 pm

Yep. It's a sonic bow III. Figured it'd be a good choice, working on that previous suggestion and making caenataur (spellcheck?) s armor. Shouldn't take much longer. I was thinking about making a narga set but decided against it for this quest. If I could just get about 5 rathalos rubies, I'd have my silver sil set already which I think would make this a little bit easier no? Still only hr5 so I don't think I can even get them yet
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zenomatsu (Zeno)

PostSubject: Re: Dual tigrex, nekhot's 8*   Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:30 pm

Silver sol***
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ecclesiastes

PostSubject: Re: Dual tigrex, nekhot's 8*   Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:55 pm

Eh, ESP sets aren't so great, regardless of their defense and resistance. The only monsters they're remotely useful against are Basarios/Gravios, and those can be worked around with a few bombs to the stomach. You'd have more defense with the Silver Sol, but it doesn't actually help kill anything faster than any set with Attack Up.

Ceanataur S, on the other hand, has great skills that work well with any weapon, so you're not stuck with a skill that's useless more often than not, like ESP.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
n78899

Posts Posts : 41
Rathalos Rubies Rathalos Rubies : 59

PostSubject: Re: Dual tigrex, nekhot's 8*   Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:34 pm

you could try to take him with DS. Take many mega juices and power juices. you can devilish dance on his head. you could use traps to that make it easier. it should be easy. don't fight them when they are in the same area!! i am not shure if dung bomb works on them! hope it helps!

Last edited by n78899 on Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zenomatsu (Zeno)

PostSubject: Re: Dual tigrex, nekhot's 8*   Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:43 pm

I'm really horrible with dual swords :p and I finished that caenataur armor, did again and was using true devil slicer
Back to top Go down
View user profile
n78899

PostSubject: Re: Dual tigrex, nekhot's 8*   Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:46 pm

do you use GS?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zenomatsu (Zeno)

PostSubject: Re: Dual tigrex, nekhot's 8*   Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:52 pm

I can. Not my favorite weapon but I'm fairly proficient with them. Strongest one I have that has a lightning element is the Kirin one. (can't remember the name) I also have the kushala daora armor that shortens the charge time if that helps at all?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nargakantor

Posts Posts : 1589
Rathalos Rubies Rathalos Rubies : 2147

PostSubject: Re: Dual tigrex, nekhot's 8*   Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:53 pm

use that, flash bombs and some traps and you should be able to kill them easily!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zenomatsu (Zeno)

PostSubject: Re: Dual tigrex, nekhot's 8*   Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:56 pm

Dunno about easily,but I'll give it a shot next. I think I kinda bite when it comes to tigrex. Go figure though, I can take a narga but tigrex is my bane :s
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ecclesiastes

PostSubject: Re: Dual tigrex, nekhot's 8*   Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:59 pm

Elemental Greatswords aren't that useful, actually. You're going to spend most of your time charging the sword instead of doing terribly slow combos, and charging doesn't increase the elemental damage. Getting the best Raw/Sharpness GS will deal more damage, even if the monster's really weak to an element.

About the Kushala set: if you're already familiar with the non-Focus charge time and don't use the Focus set much, Focus will just throw your timing off and cause you to hit the ground right in front of Tiggy's face half the time.

n78899 wrote:
you could try to take him with DS. Take many mega juices and power juices. use the (demon dance) in his head. you could use traps to that make it easier. it should be easy. don't fight them when they are in the same area!! i am not shure if dung bomb works on them! hope it helps!

Devilish Dance on the head is a guaranteed hit to the player if they don't stagger, and there's rarely enough time to run in and do enough damage to stagger their head before they attack. There's also a lack of decent Thunder/Dragon duals at that point. Even later on, the Thunder Duals are so weak, there's always a better DS choice.

DS isn't a bad weapon on Tigrex, but it's more about hit and run tactics, not running to the head and spamming.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
n78899

PostSubject: Re: Dual tigrex, nekhot's 8*   Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:14 pm

Ecclesiastes wrote:
Devilish Dance on the head is a guaranteed hit to the player if they don't stagger, and there's rarely enough time to run in and do enough damage to
stagger their head before they attack.

I was thinking you could use some traps and devilish dans on his head! :p
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Dual tigrex, nekhot's 8*   Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:26 pm

Ecclesiastes wrote:
When I say it's a weak weapon, I'm referring to the damage output, not whether or not it's useful*. It's quite low compared to most weapons, and 35 minutes to kill a weaker dual quest Tigrex is very bad. Assuming he's doing things half-right, there's only so much damage he can dish out with his Bow. His problem isn't just that he's getting hit a lot, it's that he's not dealing enough damage. With more damage, he'd be staggering them more often, and killing them faste

All that waiting and using a Bow is asking to run out of time.

Thats bullshit (srry for the language), just tried it with sonic bow III and full monoblos S with Heroics. Cleared it in like 15 mins.

Last edited by Mortek on Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Zenomatsu (Zeno)

PostSubject: Re: Dual tigrex, nekhot's 8*   Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:39 pm

Monoblos s you say...hmm.....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ecclesiastes

PostSubject: Re: Dual tigrex, nekhot's 8*   Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:59 pm

Quote :
I was thinking you could use some traps and devilish dans on his head! :p
You can only have three Shock Traps at most. That's not nearly enough time to kill one Tigrex, never mind the other. Eventually, you're going to have to refrain from spamming if you want to live.

Mortek wrote:
Ecclesiastes wrote:
When I say it's a weak weapon, I'm referring to the damage output, not whether or not it's useful*. It's quite low compared to most weapons, and 35 minutes to kill a weaker dual quest Tigrex is very bad. Assuming he's doing things half-right, there's only so much damage he can dish out with his Bow. His problem isn't just that he's getting hit a lot, it's that he's not dealing enough damage. With more damage, he'd be staggering them more often, and killing them faste

All that waiting and using a Bow is asking to run out of time.

Thats bullshit (srry for the language), just tried it with sonic bow III and full monoblos S with Heroics. Cleared it in like 15 mins.

Thanks for not addressing the rest of his issue, or even what you quoted. If he's having this much trouble with his current setup, it's probably simpler just to use a different weapon on these guys. Besides, he's burning through full stocks of healing items; I don't think Adrenaline +2/Heroics is an option for him just yet.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Dual tigrex, nekhot's 8*   Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:56 am

Zenomatsu (Zeno) wrote:
Monoblos s you say...hmm.....

Ye, it has adrenaline +2 if you gem it, and attck up Lrg
Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dual tigrex, nekhot's 8*   

Back to top Go down

Dual tigrex, nekhot's 8*

View previous topic View next topic Back to top