Share | 

ESP armour, MHFU

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
cole

Posts Posts : 68
Rathalos Rubies Rathalos Rubies : 101

PostSubject: ESP armour, MHFU   Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:16 am

I noticed I haven't seen many ESP armors..... Could you tell me all the ones you know?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kusanagi

Posts Posts : 274
Rathalos Rubies Rathalos Rubies : 319

PostSubject: Re: ESP armour, MHFU   Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:36 pm

What HR are you at?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AbsoluteZero

Posts Posts : 257
Rathalos Rubies Rathalos Rubies : 312

PostSubject: Re: ESP armour, MHFU   Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:21 am

No, you don't want ESP. It's a waste of a skill. If you're bouncing, then you need to attack a different spot, simple as that. Instead of ESP go get Sharpness +1, or any other generally damage increasing skill.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kusanagi

Posts Posts : 274
Rathalos Rubies Rathalos Rubies : 319

PostSubject: Re: ESP armour, MHFU   Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:05 am

AbsoluteZero wrote:
No, you don't want ESP. It's a waste of a skill. If you're bouncing, then you need to attack a different spot, simple as that. Instead of ESP go get Sharpness +1, or any other generally damage increasing skill.
Actually, yeah. Just don't get it. ESP removes the bounce, but you still do the same damage as if you were bouncing. It really is a waste. If you get it on "accident" while picking a set or mixing, that's fine. But don't aim for it as there are better skills. Just don't miss. If bouncing is becoming a serious issue for you (story below) then try gunning, using the GS, or even GL. But trust me, learnning to figth a monster properly to avoid bounce is far more rewarding (and effective).

Story: It was early in my LS career. I soloed every mission in MHFU and even farmed White Fatalis to extinction. But I always had a hard time with Black Gravios. Not just one. But rather fighting 2 at once. That quest (before I completed the game) was a pain in the ass. I went back and did it later, but I was so frustrated that I made a gunlance and just shelled them both to death. So if you really can't get over the bounce, just shell 'em to hell.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AbsoluteZero

PostSubject: Re: ESP armour, MHFU   Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:05 pm

Kusanagi wrote:
Actually, yeah. Just don't get it. ESP removes the bounce, but you still do the same damage as if you were bouncing. It really is a waste. If you get it on "accident" while picking a set or mixing, that's fine. But don't aim for it as there are better skills. Just don't miss. If bouncing is becoming a serious issue for you (story below) then try gunning, using the GS, or even GL. But trust me, learnning to figth a monster properly to avoid bounce is far more rewarding (and effective).

Story: It was early in my LS career. I soloed every mission in MHFU and even farmed White Fatalis to extinction. But I always had a hard time with Black Gravios. Not just one. But rather fighting 2 at once. That quest (before I completed the game) was a pain in the ass. I went back and did it later, but I was so frustrated that I made a gunlance and just shelled them both to death. So if you really can't get over the bounce, just shell 'em to hell.
Well, actually bouncing with a sharpness of green and up doesn't decrease your damage, and you only lose the sharpness twice as quickly. However bouncing isn't a bad thing because of the bouncing, but rather because you are hitting a monster's spot that makes you bounce. Not because of the fact that you are bouncing, but rather because that monster's part most likely is far more resistant to damage whether you bounce or not. The most resistant part of a monster can reduce the damage inflicted to 20%, or more than often enough even 10%, whereas the weakest spot, which usually is the head, takes 60-80% damage. Even if it is less complicated to hit the not so weak spots, it's still a good idea to make the effort of aiming for the weakest spot, as it can save you huge chunks of your precious time.

Also, there is a difference in weapons that do cutting damage and weapons that do impact damage. The game even teaches you sublimely about this, but I'm going to say it anyway. Monsters with soft skins, such as Khezu and Gypceros (or if we're talking 3rd gen Gigginox) are much more susceptible to weapons that cut, rather than bludgeon. You also bounce on far more spots on these monsters when using a hammer or hunting horn. Then, of course, there are lots of monsters with hard shells, such as the by Kusanagi aforementioned Black Gravios. Hammers go through these monsters like they're butter, hitting that much harder all at once. These hard shelled monsters include Yian Kut-Ku, Garuga, the Rath couple, Akantor and Fatalises just to give you a rough idea of the wide spectrum of impact damage weak monsters. I'm letting you figure out the rest of them though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cole

Posts Posts : 68
Rathalos Rubies Rathalos Rubies : 101

PostSubject: Re: ESP armour, MHFU   Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:45 pm

Yeah, but I'd like to make use of my Akantor broadsword, because it has a ridiculous attack. The Fatalis is so big, that hitting its head is a rare oppurtunity.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AbsoluteZero

PostSubject: Re: ESP armour, MHFU   Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:52 pm

Akantor Broadsword is poop. The green sharpness basically (and also literally) negates all of the ridiculous looking attack power. You're far better off with Diablos/Gaoren/Narga GS and possibly Sharpness +1 skill. In fact, go get Akantor armor. It's much more worth getting than all of the Akantor weapons, because they suck.

And also, don't try fighting Fatalis without aiming for the head when you want to use a greatsword against him. His face takes eight times the damage most other parts of his body take. You really are much better off carefully aiming for that than risking your life to his insta kill crawling next to his legs. Besides, there are way more opportunities than you might think.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ESP armour, MHFU   

Back to top Go down

ESP armour, MHFU

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Monster Hunters Forum :: Monster Hunter :: Questions-