Share | 

HR6 Akantor?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
cole

Posts Posts : 68
Rathalos Rubies Rathalos Rubies : 101

PostSubject: HR6 Akantor?   Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:05 am

I'm stuck on the last quest that you do for the chief's Feyline..... Could someone help? I'm a greatsword user and can craft most armours that you'd advise! Thanks!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Inferno

Posts Posts : 74
Rathalos Rubies Rathalos Rubies : 110

PostSubject: Re: HR6 Akantor?   Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:22 am

cole wrote:
I'm stuck on the last quest that you do for the chief's Feyline..... Could someone help? I'm a greatsword user and can craft most armours that you'd advise! Thanks!

I strongly advise bringing flash bombs and possibly materials to make more. Save them specifically for when Akantor goes into rage mode. The flash bombs themselves only last about 3-5 seconds, but it will give you just enough time to use recovery items, weapon sharpening, etc.

Also, I advise either going for the face constantly, or cut off the tail first before working on the face. Sure it seems risky, but it takes the most damage from frontal attacks. Cutting off the tail first may be more risky, since you will take a lot of chip damage or a heavy strike, but with the tail out of the way, then the face becomes an easier target without having to worry about a clean tail sweep.

Lastly, bring sonic bombs. you can use these when Akantor does a wind tunnel blast. Use it just before he launches the actual blast.. It will make it flinch for several seconds, allowing for free strikes. Remember though, sonic bombs will not work when Akantor is in Rage Mode.

Hope this advise serves you well.

-Inferno
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cole

Posts Posts : 68
Rathalos Rubies Rathalos Rubies : 101

PostSubject: Re: HR6 Akantor?   Sat Jul 06, 2013 1:42 pm

I'm going to use the Diablos greatsword and Azure Rathalos armour, is that fine?
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HR6 Akantor?   

Back to top Go down

HR6 Akantor?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Monster Hunters Forum :: Monster Hunter :: Questions-