Monster Hunters Forum



 
HomePartnersFAQMonster HunterSearchRegisterMemberlistLog in

Share | 
 

 Nice to meet everyone!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
avatar
MonsterHunted
Member
Member

Posts Posts : 14
Rathalos Rubies Rathalos Rubies : 24
Rank : -

PostSubject: Nice to meet everyone!    Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:17 am

With the newest Monster Hunter game coming out for the Wii U this month, I stumbled upon this forum and decided to see if I could meet some fellow hunters.

My name is Michael and I am a veteran Monster Hunter player. I've been playing since the very first game on the Playstation 2 and have followed and completed every game to date. Since I have a Wii U, I went ahead and paid the extra 20 dollars on Amazon to get the Wii U and 3DS version in hopes of introducing some people I know to the franchise. Unfortunately, it was a much harder task than I thought. Nobody has heard of the franchise and when I try to get them into it, nobody is interested in even trying it. I used to have a few friends who would play it constantly with me and they thought it was very addicting, but unfortunately, we don't get to hang out much anymore.

It's kind of a shame, as I can't quite figure out why nobody I know will try the Monster Hunter games. They love wielding giant swords and hammers, customizing armor, playing with friends and fighting monsters, yet they refuse to try Monster Hunter itself. I'm hoping I can make some friends on here who will play Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate with me when it comes, I miss the days of playing co op with good friends and having a good time haha.

Nice to meet everybody, tell me about yourself!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
avatar
BlakCat
Member
Member

Posts Posts : 232
Rathalos Rubies Rathalos Rubies : 302
Rank : -

PostSubject: Re: Nice to meet everyone!    Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:37 am

Well, welcome! I'm Blak, I too will be playing MH3U on Wii-U and 3DS. You can get our Wii-U usernames here.
I use Greatsword and Hammer, my favorite monster is Narga and yep, that's all I guess.
Anyways, welcome again and hope we can become good friends! :3
Back to top Go down
View user profile
avatar
MonsterHunted
Member
Member

Posts Posts : 14
Rathalos Rubies Rathalos Rubies : 24
Rank : -

PostSubject: Re: Nice to meet everyone!    Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:49 am

BlakCat wrote:
Well, welcome! I'm Blak, I too will be playing MH3U on Wii-U and 3DS. You can get our Wii-U usernames here.
I use Greatsword and Hammer, my favorite monster is Narga and yep, that's all I guess.
Anyways, welcome again and hope we can become good friends! :3

Thank you Blak, I'll play with you co op on the Wii U when it releases! As for favorite monsters, that's a tough one for me. Kind of a stereotypical choice, but I enjoy the Rathalos because of the Nostalgia and he becomes a more formidable monster in later games. The Deviljho, Gobul, Yian Kut-Ku and Lagiacrus are also some of my favorites.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
avatar
BlakCat
Member
Member

Posts Posts : 232
Rathalos Rubies Rathalos Rubies : 302
Rank : -

PostSubject: Re: Nice to meet everyone!    Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:56 am

Glad to hear it. I can't wait for MH3U! And hope to see you on the hunting grounds!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
avatar
MonsterHunted
Member
Member

Posts Posts : 14
Rathalos Rubies Rathalos Rubies : 24
Rank : -

PostSubject: Re: Nice to meet everyone!    Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:59 am

BlakCat wrote:
Glad to hear it. I can't wait for MH3U! And hope to see you on the hunting grounds!

So how long have you been playing for?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
avatar
BlakCat
Member
Member

Posts Posts : 232
Rathalos Rubies Rathalos Rubies : 302
Rank : -

PostSubject: Re: Nice to meet everyone!    Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:05 am

I actually started in MHFU, but then went to Tri, then to P3rd for a bit. I kinda joined late, but have been playing for a while. A group of friends and I used to play all the time in MHFU and P3rd. But, now we're moving on to MH3U!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
avatar
MonsterHunted
Member
Member

Posts Posts : 14
Rathalos Rubies Rathalos Rubies : 24
Rank : -

PostSubject: Re: Nice to meet everyone!    Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:09 am

BlakCat wrote:
I actually started in MHFU, but then went to Tri, then to P3rd for a bit. I kinda joined late, but have been playing for a while. A group of friends and I used to play all the time in MHFU and P3rd. But, now we're moving on to MH3U!

Joining in late is better than not joining at all! MHFU is the best portable version in my opinion, at least until the 3DS version comes out. I think a lot of people are turned off by the fact they are now on Nintendo consoles due to a 5 year contract, but I don't care about the system as long as they keep making games haha
Back to top Go down
View user profile
avatar
BlakCat
Member
Member

Posts Posts : 232
Rathalos Rubies Rathalos Rubies : 302
Rank : -

PostSubject: Re: Nice to meet everyone!    Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:16 am

MonsterHunted wrote:
I think a lot of people are turned off by the fact they are now on Nintendo consoles due to a 5 year contract, but I don't care about the system as long as they keep making games haha

Now, if more people thought more like that we would have less bitching and more hyping for the franchise.
I got over the fact that they were porting MH to Nintendo consoles long ago.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
avatar
MonsterHunted
Member
Member

Posts Posts : 14
Rathalos Rubies Rathalos Rubies : 24
Rank : -

PostSubject: Re: Nice to meet everyone!    Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:34 am

BlakCat wrote:
MonsterHunted wrote:
I think a lot of people are turned off by the fact they are now on Nintendo consoles due to a 5 year contract, but I don't care about the system as long as they keep making games haha

Now, if more people thought more like that we would have less bitching and more hyping for the franchise.
I got over the fact that they were porting MH to Nintendo consoles long ago.

I respect both Nintendo and Sony, but ultimately, Nintendo gave Monster Hunter in the west a better chance. Sony charged a hefty price for making games on their console, and due to poor sales, Sony didn't have much faith in the franchise selling outside of Japan. Nintendo offered a more affordable deal to make it on their consoles, which sold surprisingly a lot better. Because of better sales, Monster Hunter is now under a 5 year contract with Nintendo. The way I see it, if Sony still had this franchise under their belt, they wouldn't have encouraged as many releases outside of Japan.

Regardless of console, the games have continued to get better with each new release.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
avatar
Barioth99
Member
Member

Posts Posts : 310
Rathalos Rubies Rathalos Rubies : 355
Rank : -

PostSubject: Re: Nice to meet everyone!    Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:56 pm

Nice to meet ya, (blak, i think you might have known i wouldve commented on this) I am Barioth99 i usually gret all the knew people such as blak. I started playing monster hunter from MH3Tri then i sorta went backwards by playing MHFU and MHF2, then i went on to MHP3, and yes i will be getting MH3U but sadly i will only be playing it on the 3DS. until then i will be playing all the other MH games i have
Back to top Go down
View user profile
avatar
MonsterHunted
Member
Member

Posts Posts : 14
Rathalos Rubies Rathalos Rubies : 24
Rank : -

PostSubject: Re: Nice to meet everyone!    Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:20 pm

Barioth99 wrote:
Nice to meet ya, (blak, i think you might have known i wouldve commented on this) I am Barioth99 i usually gret all the knew people such as blak. I started playing monster hunter from MH3Tri then i sorta went backwards by playing MHFU and MHF2, then i went on to MHP3, and yes i will be getting MH3U but sadly i will only be playing it on the 3DS. until then i will be playing all the other MH games i have

With some of the PSP games, the later quests get brutal if you don't have friends to play with haha
Back to top Go down
View user profile
avatar
Barioth99
Member
Member

Posts Posts : 310
Rathalos Rubies Rathalos Rubies : 355
Rank : -

PostSubject: Re: Nice to meet everyone!    Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:46 pm

yeah, i know i just try my best and plan things out before i start
Back to top Go down
View user profile
avatar
gongas31pro
Member
Member

Posts Posts : 11
Rathalos Rubies Rathalos Rubies : 10
Rank : -

PostSubject: Re: Nice to meet everyone!    Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:05 pm

yeah me too -_- register at the same day and no WELCOME
Back to top Go down
View user profile
avatar
Barioth99
Member
Member

Posts Posts : 310
Rathalos Rubies Rathalos Rubies : 355
Rank : -

PostSubject: Re: Nice to meet everyone!    Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:37 pm

gongas31pro wrote:
yeah me too -_- register at the same day and no WELCOME
well you have to make a intro topic about your self to get some welcomings
Back to top Go down
View user profile
avatar
dreadlord
Member
Member

Posts Posts : 92
Rathalos Rubies Rathalos Rubies : 98
Rank : -

PostSubject: Re: Nice to meet everyone!    Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:17 am

Hey im dreadlord nice to meet ya and welcome to the forum,i played MH since MHFU my favorite monster is Naruga Kuruga as well and my favorite weapon is the longsword i hope that we get the chance to play together
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Sponsored content



PostSubject: Re: Nice to meet everyone!    

Back to top Go down
 

Nice to meet everyone!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Monster Hunters Forum :: Monster Hunters Forum :: Introductions-