PostSubject: Lao tips?   Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:22 pm

Getting supplies for the fight... Any tactics i shouls use on the quest? Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mortek

Posts Posts : 374
Rathalos Rubies Rathalos Rubies : 408

PostSubject: Re: Lao tips?   Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:54 pm

Well, there is not a lot of tactics when fighting this giant meatball.

He doesnt really attack you, so any damage up is a plus. Personally when I did my first Lao quest, i went with the low-rank rathalos armour (for the AuL), felyne heroics + power seeds. I used the Tigrex bow (maxed out to the best at that current state, dont remember the name, but it was the Ash urgent in Gathering Hall), a pierce bow might've been better, but hey, i didnt really think through it back then Smile

Ranged:
Stay in front of Lao at all times. If you have a pierce bow, try aiming at the head/back (do this with all bows, really)
If you have a bowgun, aim at his back. Its his Nr1 Weakspot. Crags and all that kinda shizl should go there.

Melee: Most ppl will tell you to attack the belly. This is indeed one of his weakest spots, but also a dangerous one. If you get a little far behind him (take in mind, he does move), you get hit, and this means death if you are using either heroics or adrenaline.
Whenever I melee this fella, I stay on his head (you might need good sharpness, cant really remember). Or throat, if you can hit it.

Conclusion: Use a ranged weapon, its the easiest. You will still get quest completed if you just repelled it, and ranged might be a cheap, but easy and almost certain victory.

Last time I killed a Lao, I was support with my Silver Los G armour and fatty hunting horn. 2.5k attackpower ftw Razz (was online with others).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Öhnström

Posts Posts : 172
Rathalos Rubies Rathalos Rubies : 190

PostSubject: Re: Lao tips?   Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:05 pm

I'm useing high rank Conga armor, wild power bow 2 (almost as much damage as tiggy 2, but with pierce and 0 affinity, attack skill 2, (decorations) and yeah.. Razz thx for the info! i'll save the fight for tomorrow, but wish me good luck Smile
btw: I always use bow xD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheOverSeer

Posts Posts : 18
Rathalos Rubies Rathalos Rubies : 28

PostSubject: Re: Lao tips?   Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:51 pm

If you really wanna kill Lao, go for the Monodevil U armor. You get great skills such as Sharpness+1, Adrenaline+1, and Reckless Abandon+1. And for the weapon try out the Narga LS but ALWAYS ATTACK THE HEAD.

My strategy with Lao is very easy but you have to bring the right amount of items. I usually bomb his head in the beginning and then just attack his head for the rest of the battle until he gets to the last area. When he's in the last area I attack his feet for the rest of the battle. This has always killed him.

Oh and by the way, considering the Narga LS has +50 affinity by default I get rid of Reckless Abandon and gem in Attack Up Small. Next I go to the felyne kitchen and eat a king turkey+king truffle to get attack up (large). I usually bring a demon flute with me too. If this is your first time fighting him you won't have a power talon but go buy a power charm from the guild hall merchant. With all of these power buffs my attack ends up being way over 1200.

As for the items, I always bring this:

Book of Combos 1-4, Potions, Mega Potions, Max Potions, Ancient Potion, Gun Powder, Life Powder, Powercharm, Powertalon, Armorcharm, Armortalon, Well-Done Steak, Farcaster, Large Barrel, Lg Barrel-Bomb+, Whetstone, Scatterfish, Demon Flute, and Power Juice.

Grab the Lg Supply Barrel Bombs and Anti Dragon bombs in the supply chest.

Note: When you run out of lg bomb+ make MORE. Keep putting these bombs at his head then pull out your weapon and hit the bombs. Doing this twice should make Lao flinch. Repeat this process until you're outta bombs. Once that's done, just start attacking his head. When Lao comes up to the area where you can jump on his back make sure to plant that Anti Drgn Bomb on him (carve him too). Once the back bombing is done go back to his head. Keep your sharpness in blue, white, and purple. He'll flinch about 20+ times if you attack his head throughout the entire match (until last area). When you are going in a different area and you have some slots left, go grab the Ballista S in the camp/base area. You'll only get 6, IIRC so head over to the spears and grab more (they are next to the cannonballs).

When you get to the last area jump down and go near the part where Lao appears, attack his head still, at this point I usually set a goal of how many times I want him to flinch before he reaches the fortress. I usually go for three. After those three, use a farcaster and go back to the last area and use the ballista gun (not the cannon). I still hit him in the head with this. This should make him flinch once or twice. Once that's done wait until he's standing to use the dragonator. After all of this, I usually just go attack his back legs. He will die WITHIN the 10 minutes that are left on the clock.

This is pretty much my own little guide and although it may be overdoing it, I don't care because it gets the job done. Happy hunting. XD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
weaknoob

Posts Posts : 242
Rathalos Rubies Rathalos Rubies : 231

PostSubject: Re: Lao tips?   Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:16 pm

dual swords(RA+!!, Sharpsword!!, aul!!, sharpness+1!!!Dragon element!!!well any of these at least) power juice(s)+ spamming demon dance on the belly+ patience(at least for 30 min.)= one dead ash lao shan lung (if done right)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Öhnström

Posts Posts : 172
Rathalos Rubies Rathalos Rubies : 190

PostSubject: Re: Lao tips?   Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:41 pm

wow o.o much info.. I killed him the day i made the post xD sorry! xD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
weaknoob

Posts Posts : 242
Rathalos Rubies Rathalos Rubies : 231

PostSubject: Re: Lao tips?   Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:02 pm

hey did you know that you can trip the lao?...make it fall over?...hit the joint connecting the tail and the leg...preferrably triple pounds frm a hammer
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Abhinav

Posts Posts : 4
Rathalos Rubies Rathalos Rubies : 6

PostSubject: Re: Lao tips?   Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:54 am

Any technique for killing the thing with a longsword. I just can't figure out how/when to get on his back. Please help!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kusanagi

Posts Posts : 274
Rathalos Rubies Rathalos Rubies : 319

PostSubject: Re: Lao tips?   Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:38 am

To be honest, you can kill him without getting on his back. In fact, you can kill him too fast. A study showed that you can drop his health too low to the point where you have to wait till he gets to the last area to do more damage. The key, is to use a long sword with high raw damage (if you are where I think you are, you don't have a decent LS with Dragon damage). Simply attack the head (not his weakest point, but pretty weak and it has a very low stagger limit. You can even spirit combo on it too (be sure to end the combo with a fade slash). By doing this, he will stagger an incredible amount of times. However, do this too much, and you will reach the damage cap before he hits the final area. Doing so will waste your time as you may not know whether it has already happened or not. So a good idea is to stagger him like crazy in the last 2 areas before the final stronghold and attack his belly the first 2. Attacking the belly will do maximum damage (with low stagger). Be sure to beat him to the castle walls in order to use the ballista against him. Be sure to periodically use the dragonator. And in between dragonator recharges, attack the belly (be sure it isn't the chest. This method does function (no dragon bomb necessary). If this doesn't help, try it a few times, you may not being pulling it off well enough. Source, solo'd every quest in the gathering hall at least once or more.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BlakCat

Posts Posts : 232
Rathalos Rubies Rathalos Rubies : 302

PostSubject: Re: Lao tips?   Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:45 am

Isn't his back supposed to be his weakest weak point? I remember we spoke of that in the past.
EDIT: From this person's guide I was wrong, I was thinking of some other monster. Perhaps Shen Gaoren.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lao tips?   

Back to top Go down

Lao tips?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Monster Hunters Forum :: Monster Hunter :: Questions-