Share | 

The Lurking Desert Giant

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
GR1993

Posts Posts : 4
Rathalos Rubies Rathalos Rubies : 8

PostSubject: The Lurking Desert Giant   Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:15 pm

Using near enough full kut ku (exc legs) and Bone katana "shark" as its my strongest weapon can anyone help me with this ? :$ even if its just some strategy tips to use while fighting him
Back to top Go down
View user profile
raptorhunter

Posts Posts : 1273
Rathalos Rubies Rathalos Rubies : 1322

PostSubject: Re: The Lurking Desert Giant   Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:56 pm

I really recommend the Eager Cleaver from the Iron Katana Path. Trust me crafting it is really worth it of you are planning to longsword through the game. And since it has thunder element which is Daimyo Hermitaur's weakness, it would work wonders for you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GR1993

Posts Posts : 4
Rathalos Rubies Rathalos Rubies : 8

PostSubject: Re: The Lurking Desert Giant   Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:45 pm

ok thanks for that Smile i wasnt too sure about it because of the amount of each ore needed tbh but ill invest in it Razz and im trying not to stick to just one weapon type but i must admit i do like the range the longsword gets Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
raptorhunter

PostSubject: Re: The Lurking Desert Giant   Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:20 pm

Yeah, like I've said to others, you have to first see what weapon is good for what monster. Like longsword is ok on Rathalos/Rathian but a hammer would be more suitable. Something like that. I mean, you can still use wide diversity of weapons and see what weapon is good for what monster.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr. Murk

Posts Posts : 49
Rathalos Rubies Rathalos Rubies : 45

PostSubject: Re: The Lurking Desert Giant   Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:42 pm

If I remember correctly, that katana tree got me through alot of monsters. The trick with diamo and LS is that you have to hit him in the back legs and dodge until it falls over and thats when you use your spirit burst.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
raptorhunter

PostSubject: Re: The Lurking Desert Giant   Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:40 pm

Yeah, and I'm pretty sure with any weapon, hitting its hind legs is your best way of getting yourself free hits.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr. Murk

PostSubject: Re: The Lurking Desert Giant   Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:50 am

But with the Diamo with LS it is important to stay in that area at all times and be ready to run like hell. The Purple one in G rank would KO me if I relaxed even a little.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
raptorhunter

PostSubject: Re: The Lurking Desert Giant   Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:00 am

Yeah, specially that jump attack. If you get caught with your weapon out when he does it, by the time you sheathed the thing will crush you. So it is best to try to every so often hit its legs to knock it down and keep your distances or else you will find yourself getting crushed by it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr. Murk

PostSubject: Re: The Lurking Desert Giant   Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:05 am

I shouldnt have given my MHFU to my friend. I'm itching to kill me some G rank monsters!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
strangermhfu

Posts Posts : 41
Rathalos Rubies Rathalos Rubies : 37

PostSubject: Re: The Lurking Desert Giant   Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:07 am

GR1993, if plessy is still giving you problems grab a bow with thunder, or a bowgun, the range will save you from its attempts at "hip checking" you and Plessy's ranged attacks are fairly easily dodged. He will rear back and then spray water at you which you can dodge by rolling left or right. Just continue firing and moving. The only other attack he may try which is ranged is sliding toward you, if you're moving it's fairly easy to roll away from, though I don't get it every time (I am fail at evasion). When it goes into the water get in close. If you're using a bowgun Crag S lvl 1 will stun it out like a sonic bomb would, otherwise keep the pressure on. If you're close to the shore its water stream attacks are easily avoided as well, though when you reach G rank it seems it can bring the water stream a little bit closer to shore when it sweeps across, so beware!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dreadlord

Posts Posts : 92
Rathalos Rubies Rathalos Rubies : 98

PostSubject: Re: The Lurking Desert Giant   Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:42 am

the thunder LongSword is a useful weapon if you hit in the leg he will fall one and again.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Lurking Desert Giant   

Back to top Go down

The Lurking Desert Giant

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Monster Hunters Forum :: Monster Hunter :: Questions-