Share | 

Ukanlos strategy...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kraoshalos

Posts Posts : 3
Rathalos Rubies Rathalos Rubies : 7

PostSubject: Ukanlos strategy...   Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:51 pm

I rarely ever ask for help, But I certainly need some here...
My other Veteran friend (A hammer user) simply takes his fire hammer (Imperial gunhammer spark [or something]) (the best one) to Ukanlos fights, and kills them all by himself. I hunt with him often and still don't understand how he can do this... but I can kill akantors by myself and have no problem with it... While he HATES akantors...
I really need some advice here (as a LS user), how to effectively kill a ukanlos... with only my felyne companion...
I need a stone and nothing more, but my friends are not always available... I really need some help here, thank you for the cooperation.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mortek

Posts Posts : 374
Rathalos Rubies Rathalos Rubies : 408

PostSubject: Re: Ukanlos strategy...   Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:06 am

Well, the easiest way to kill an Ukanlos is the hammer your friend is using, but if you really want to use a LS, I'll do my best.

I'm gonna assume that you know what element his weakness is, and what LS you should use.

For armour, well just choose something offencive like AuL (attack up large (no need for the large part, small or normal works just fine)), or EaU (element attack up). High grade earplugs is deffo a must if you are going to take him as a melee, as he will constantly roar and stun you. It might be fatal (or you can just run away from him, its pretty obvious when he's gonna do it.)

First of all, he is basically just like an Akantor, only with a few more attacks. Most rookies think that these attacks are hard to doge/evade. Its not.

When he does his dig attack, I mostly just sheathe my weapon, and start running to one side. After a few seconds, your screen will vibrate and you might see some icy "dust" where he dug under. Keep running to the side, and "super-duber-moi-evade" it (the one where you sprint and casts yourself away, you cant get hit). The secret to do this is to time it correctly.

To his "head-shovel-attack", just make sure that you are not standing where his ice-blocks hit. Its simples. They only land at certain places, one to each side, and one infront of him (the length varies as how far away you are from him).

Golden rule: always focus on his head. (BUUUUT, as its the stone you need, you'd want to cut its tail, which might be a little more tricky. I can't say that i have much experience cutting his tail, as I'm mostly ranged. You dont HAVE to cut it, but it might be a bonus.)

Flash Bombs are rather useless against these big "Gods", but it might fit to stop a charge, which is almost impossible to evade.

Paintball, yes. It gives out the location of him when he is underground (i think, havnt fought against an Uka for a while), and this give you an upper-hand. Sometimes, as you might know, he just pops up at one spot, like Akantor. This is an opening for both his head or his tail.

Items that you need to bring: Hot drinks, stamina potions, potions, book of combo 1 2 3, flash bombs ( + materials for more), whetstones, etc. The usual stuff.

This might not be a complete guide, but I'm tired and rusty. Hope this helps you, and good luck on the Uka stone farming! Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kraoshalos

Posts Posts : 3
Rathalos Rubies Rathalos Rubies : 7

PostSubject: Re: Ukanlos strategy...   Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:47 am

Okay, thank you for the reply, for one.
But most of the information you stated I already knew, as I had fought Ukanlos quite a few times before!
Thank you for the HGE idea!! and the attack up! I hadn't thought of those ones at all.
and the tail-cutting idea (which is funny) because I cut Akantor tails all the time and my buddies take me on the Ukanlos fights just for the tail issue. XD
So yea, not too bad. But I was hoping for a little bit more of an informative answer, since I already knew "most" of the tricks. Thank you for your assistance, I greatly appreciate it!
I just need a little "more."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mortek

Posts Posts : 374
Rathalos Rubies Rathalos Rubies : 408

PostSubject: Re: Ukanlos strategy...   Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:31 am

Well what is your problem then? As you already know most of the tacts, I'm sure you are killing Uka with ease...?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kusanagi

Posts Posts : 274
Rathalos Rubies Rathalos Rubies : 319

PostSubject: Re: Ukanlos strategy...   Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:54 pm

EDIT: Removed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ukanlos strategy...   

Back to top Go down