Now for the Scales

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
2link6

Posts Posts : 44
Rathalos Rubies Rathalos Rubies : 72

PostSubject: Now for the Scales   Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:47 pm

OK, so now that im G rank i need rathalos heavenly scales for the armour right? Yeh, i have killed like thirty rathalos and not even one at all... nothing but plates and rubies =( any advice would be greatly appreciated
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mortek

Posts Posts : 374
Rathalos Rubies Rathalos Rubies : 408

PostSubject: Re: Now for the Scales   Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:32 pm

Hah! Now you complain about the rubies Very Happy

This item is pretty much like the rubies.

Well the best way ever to get the hvnly scales is by doing Decendants of the Kings.

Break everything thats breakable. Capture.

Other then that, I guess siin's ruby tactics works for scales aswell (tail run).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
2link6

PostSubject: Re: Now for the Scales   Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:22 pm

i dont have G rank 3* though... and i need this armour for greater defence so i can get 3*
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mortek

PostSubject: Re: Now for the Scales   Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:52 pm

I did suggest two other options thats good too. But I dont think that you really need rathalos armour yet. I did most quests in G-rank with Narga X. Gotta love those evade skills Razz

Last edited by Mortek on Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
raptorhunter

Posts Posts : 1273
Rathalos Rubies Rathalos Rubies : 1322

PostSubject: Re: Now for the Scales   Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:40 am

Congratulations on reaching G-rank, I know very well what pain in the A** it was to get past it with good armour, Well I did my quests till G3* with Azure Rathalos G-rank armour out of pure luck for those Heavenly Scales, ummm I would recommend the Narga X armour as Mortek advised due to it being slightly better for its evade skills which come in handy.

For the Heavenly Scales though, keep applying the tactics for the rubies, cut the tail, then capture since capturing gives you higher chance-percentage for acquiring one. I'm not sure if the type of Rathalos in G** has to do with chance to get a Heavenly-Scale but I mainly did the Azure Rathalos and I got them better, I would just suggest making another armour set and make your way up to G*** to finish off your Rathalos Set since the Descendants of the Kings quest gives them off fairly easily (Although the other day I did that quest twice in a row and got NO Heavenly Scales and just 1 Rathian Ruby Razz I hate my luck)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
2link6

PostSubject: Re: Now for the Scales   Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:18 pm

sigh, its just soo annoying =/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
weaknoob

Posts Posts : 242
Rathalos Rubies Rathalos Rubies : 231

PostSubject: Re: Now for the Scales   Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:36 pm

@2link6 hey you had trouble with the green plessy on hr5, right?guess what me too, and im currently stuck, yet you got past it, any tips?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
2link6

PostSubject: Re: Now for the Scales   Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:59 pm

yeh man, range is the best way to defeat the plesioth... practice with a bow or bowgun on the low rank plesioth untill you feel confident about going for the green+ and always keep trying man, seize the day
Back to top Go down
View user profile
raptorhunter

PostSubject: Re: Now for the Scales   Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:35 pm

^ This

I couldn't pass it for nothing, so I took to bowgunning (Although my Bowgunning skills are horrible XD ) Its the best way to defeat it, or at least for me it was much better than Melee'ing it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
weaknoob

PostSubject: Re: Now for the Scales   Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:58 pm

im so bad with bowgunning ,man, my psp analog is kinda defective....this ive done dual green plesioth in nekhots and i totally owned them but this specific green plesioth...its sooooo hard(the green pelsioth in HR 5)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Murtazio

Posts Posts : 45
Rathalos Rubies Rathalos Rubies : 46

PostSubject: Re: Now for the Scales   Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:03 am

I really hate getting the hvnly scales :/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eowa

Posts Posts : 643
Rathalos Rubies Rathalos Rubies : 786

PostSubject: Re: Now for the Scales   Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:24 am

Only advice is, dont give up Razz I slayed Narga like 40 times for the hvnly scale Razz Me n Mortek was like, sitting at home, everyday, trying to get hvnly narga scale. Just cap and cross your fingers Razz you will get one eventually Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mortek

PostSubject: Re: Now for the Scales   Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:07 am

Yeah I remember those times Eowa Smile

Btw weaknoob, double posting is not allowed Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eowa

Posts Posts : 643
Rathalos Rubies Rathalos Rubies : 786

PostSubject: Re: Now for the Scales   Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:09 am

weaknoob wrote:
this ive done dual green plesioth in nekhots and i totally owned them but this specific green plesioth...its sooooo gay(the green pelsioth in HR 5)

It would be nice if you could stop using the word "Gay" as an insult or as a negative word, it really hurts :/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
weaknoob

PostSubject: Re: Now for the Scales   Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:54 pm

sorry...sorry sorry...ill remember that
Back to top Go down
View user profile
2link6

PostSubject: Re: Now for the Scales   Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:31 pm

thanks for the advice, but im giving up now =/ and my friend willmason got a heavenly scale from narga on the our first kill of him Razz i didnt tho =/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
raptorhunter

PostSubject: Re: Now for the Scales   Tue May 01, 2012 5:28 am

Don't worry same happens to me most times, I have horrible luck. Ummm, maybe you could try the Lavasioth set as it has Terrain Damage Negate (Comes very in handy when fighting Lunastra/Teostra as their fire aura won't hurt you) and it also has Focus which means you can deal Great Sword or longsword charges faster. Also it has Guts which basically will help when you do the Yamatsukami Urgent quest 'cause it has an attack where it sucks air in and normally it kills you but with Guts it keeps you alive, at least from what I know of. Its a good armour set that will help you get through quests if Narga X armour is way to rigorous to get.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
weaknoob

PostSubject: Re: Now for the Scales   Tue May 01, 2012 7:09 pm

@2link6 dont give up!!!...keep hunting for heavenly scales!!!...

Just to share

when i do solar ring lunar ring mission it rains rathian rubies(have 8 now) and rathian plates (have 14), and i dont even need them ....I killed 76 rathaloses already but still no rathalos rubies (actually I had two, and they were consecutive hunts; nowadays? never again); but that makes every hunt more exciting, you never know when you will get the rubies...

Very Happy I ve been voted down...haha...

Last edited by weaknoob on Tue May 01, 2012 7:24 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
2link6

PostSubject: Re: Now for the Scales   Tue May 01, 2012 7:18 pm

yeh, have killed 67 rathalos and i have 4 rubies and 10 plates-which is annoying as i dont need them ~.~ - but he says "no heavenly scales for you!" and i say "whaaaaaaaaaaaaa! ='(" sucks... but now i have shinobi armour which i use to kill everything Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
weaknoob

PostSubject: Re: Now for the Scales   Tue May 01, 2012 7:34 pm

@2link6 any tips on akantor? im stuck and he is big and scary....

Last edited by weaknoob on Tue May 01, 2012 7:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
2link6

PostSubject: Akantor   Tue May 01, 2012 10:38 pm

Very Happy my favorite subject Razz ........

WEAPON CHOICES:

swords: it is best to aim for his back left leg because his tail swipe rarely hits you-unless your too far underneath him- and just keep hitting but watch out for the digg cuz he will hit with it

hammer or hunting horn: -also good for greatsword- flash him and pound his face as much as possible at the start then go for the same leg as with the swords when flashes are gone.

bow and bow guns: dont get hit Razz

TACTICAL TECHNICHES:
when he comes at you with his mouth open he is charging-use a flash to stop him in his tracks- but if his mouth is closed then he is just walking so no immediate threat.....

if you can flash him as he is trying to dig -he pops his face up in mid dig- then the flash lasts a little longer so take advantage of that.......

if you manage to remove the tail you can pretty much attack the entire backside without much worries as it is much shorter and much easier to dodge -dont forget to roll-

use mega demon drugs and armour skins -bring extra in case you die- *also with HH fix your bffs while he is in the ground but if there is a tremmor them move out of the way Razz

traps dont work, but with the hammer or HH technique you may knock him unconsious for a breif time -about 3X longer than flash- and you have plenty of time to work on whatever peice you want to break, back, horns, ect.

CAUTION: i advise to leave the tail alone if possible unless u need the tail to craft something because it is the biggest cause of death to hunters around the world trying to beat akantor
.....................................................................................................................................

Well, thats is about it.... hope it helps my friend =D *FORTUNA*

Last edited by 2link6 on Tue May 01, 2012 10:42 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : making it more orginized)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
weaknoob

PostSubject: Re: Now for the Scales   Tue May 01, 2012 10:43 pm

thanks sir...much appreciated, however im just gonna improve my armor first...my strongest armor is rathalos soul, (the low rank one!!ahaha) my narga S has still low defense...

any tips on the armor?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zero

Posts Posts : 49
Rathalos Rubies Rathalos Rubies : 47

PostSubject: Re: Now for the Scales   Tue May 01, 2012 10:58 pm

Two things I might add, just as an information:

- Don't mistake his actual charging attack with his "fake charge"
It is easy to distinguish between both of them since only the real charge makes him open his mouth completely.

- You can also use a GS. In that case: Go for the head.
You said you sould aim for the back left leg. But I dont recommend this while using a GS.
You probably meant that anyways. Just wanted to make it clear.

cheers lads Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
weaknoob

PostSubject: Re: Now for the Scales   Tue May 01, 2012 10:59 pm

thanks zero..is it necessary to flash it?because i really hate flashing a monster(more like gathering flash bugs ahaha)...and i dont see the point...

anyways i tried flashing it..it was much like flashing a gravios, it was over in i think about 3-4 secs wasnt even able to get near...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
2link6

PostSubject: Re: Now for the Scales   Tue May 01, 2012 11:02 pm

Zero: i did say under the hammer and HH info that it was good info for GS as well Razz and weaknoob the azure rathalos armour is good for akantor because that is what i use Razz but the high rank version so u might want to work for it =)
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Now for the Scales   

Back to top Go down

Now for the Scales

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Monster Hunters Forum :: Monster Hunter :: Questions-