Share | 

Plesioth+

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
2link6

Posts Posts : 44
Rathalos Rubies Rathalos Rubies : 72

PostSubject: Plesioth+   Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:42 pm

Ok, so now im HR 5 im MHFU. So im doing the quests to get the urgent, and Plesioth+ keeps killing me! A plesioth! It is so horrible, i feel ashamed it can even injure me, but it kills in two hits. Any ideas on the best way to kill it? scratch
Back to top Go down
View user profile
x

Posts Posts : 1094
Rathalos Rubies Rathalos Rubies : 1044

PostSubject: Re: Plesioth+   Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:08 pm

is ok link most of us have problem with weak monster like congalala
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Willmason

Posts Posts : 47
Rathalos Rubies Rathalos Rubies : 42

PostSubject: Re: Plesioth+   Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:42 am

You can always fight it from afar. His attacks are obvious when they will strike when you're using a bow. That's how I beat him easiest is using ranged weapon like bowgun or bow.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Aboddon

Posts Posts : 108
Rathalos Rubies Rathalos Rubies : 126

PostSubject: Re: Plesioth+   Sat Mar 17, 2012 2:46 am

The worst mistake any hunter can make is underestimating a monster, regardless of "level" or familiarity. Plesi's are a formidable opponent no need to display any sort of shame in this. My suggestion is to approach it with a shield weapon (SNS or Lance) until you get it's attack timing down.

Bring a thunder or fire elemental weapon if possible (and bombs), and keep a eye on it's dorsal fin.. When it lays back it is cappable. Steer clear of the hipcheck (easily telegraphed) and keep from using sonic bombs if at all possible as they usually just send him into a rage.

Once you get this down bring a high attack weapon and strike and feint, this should yeild you some well deserved wins.

Good luck!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Asiinaia獣
Immortal Elder God of the Forum
Immortal Elder God of the Forum

Posts Posts : 1890
Rathalos Rubies Rathalos Rubies : 8099

PostSubject: Re: Plesioth+   Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:31 am

Green + Normal plessy :sss aweful quest to solo.
Especialy since I am too lazy to wait till they choose solo terrain ...

As it seems you keep getting hit, I suggest keep trying till you can avoid his moveset.
Turtling him out with a lance won't be good since it will be time consuming.

Best weapons on him for me are hammers and dual swords.
Just go for the legs till he falls.. there is no real use trying to hit his weakspots when he is standing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
raptorhunter

Posts Posts : 1273
Rathalos Rubies Rathalos Rubies : 1322

PostSubject: Re: Plesioth+   Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:52 pm

Well I do remember having problem with this guy and Green Plessy. I unfortunately do not have any helpful tips on it except use a bow or bowgun on it. I used the Rajang Bowgun (Attained from offline village DUal Rajang Quest) And toughed it out with just 2 minutes remaining but it did get me through BETTER than with any other weapon. :/ I guess if you have skill with ranged weapons you should do good.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
blackwater

Posts Posts : 294
Rathalos Rubies Rathalos Rubies : 306

PostSubject: Re: Plesioth+   Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:27 am

if you do insist on using the guarding method, try a gunlance as the lance is more mobile and able to hit higher. Try guard inc instead of guard + since the Plesioth is rather slow. With both lances aim for the head since you can actually reach it. You can deal a lot of good damage if you can anticipate, evade and guard if necessary.

With the Lance you can actually just 'sidestep' a lot of the attacks though the hip check might be tricky.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cole

Posts Posts : 68
Rathalos Rubies Rathalos Rubies : 101

PostSubject: Re: Plesioth+   Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:31 pm

take stuff to improve your stamina and use a thunder greatsword- if you are agile and quick enough, use a longsword- use full charges and block oftenkeep careful and youll get him Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
weaknoob

Posts Posts : 242
Rathalos Rubies Rathalos Rubies : 231

PostSubject: Re: Plesioth+   Tue May 01, 2012 6:49 pm

I had a hard one on this...I really hate carting, (usually when i cart once I abandon quest), but this made me do it twice...I was so angry I bombed him(and me) to death.... Very Happy ( I planted large barrel bombs+ in his feet and detonated with small barrel bombs+ and made bounce bombs and bounce bombs+ and small barrel bombs rain on him)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
blackwater

Posts Posts : 294
Rathalos Rubies Rathalos Rubies : 306

PostSubject: Re: Plesioth+   Wed May 02, 2012 2:54 am

With the plesioth it is important to bide your time and be patient. A trait you learn when using the lance. The attack patterns of the plesioth are actually pretty predictable, all you have to do is learn them to beat it.

Same applies for all monsters.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kusanagi

Posts Posts : 274
Rathalos Rubies Rathalos Rubies : 319

PostSubject: Re: Plesioth+   Sat May 05, 2012 8:51 am

The key to plesioth, block. If the weapon you are using isn't working, use one that can block (Easiest method). Ranged weapons are just as effective though may take a little more time. Weapons that cannot block and have no range (ie LS, DS, and Ham) are a little more difficult. The key is to predict his hip check. Another fine point is tight spaces, do not get trapped in a corner, especially while your felyne is KO'd. Finally, armor. If you have the means to acquire said armor, Obituary will give you evade +2. But it isn't needed, just patience and caution.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cool Guy Bob

Posts Posts : 33
Rathalos Rubies Rathalos Rubies : 43

PostSubject: Re: Plesioth+   Mon May 07, 2012 3:30 am

Don't get stuck behind him when he does the hipcheck. The hitzone is retarded and you WILL get hit even though you're nowhere near the monster.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Plesioth+   

Back to top Go down

Plesioth+

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Monster Hunters Forum :: Monster Hunter :: Questions-